Ask-A-Slacker

My favorite movie and why?

The Man asked:

What is your favorite movie and why?



This is largely an opinion based question. If I was to base my answer on the general population I would choose The Godfather. Personally, I thought the movie was sub-par. The way I see it 80% of the world’s population are sheep’s. It’s why someone like Paris Hilton can get away with some of the ridiculous shit that she does. That and for some reason people think she is attractive; to me she looks like a rat with her pointy nose and beady eyes. This is how when a famous rapper is on cribs showing off some part of his room and he points to his large poster of Scarface or The Godfather and says that it’s his favorite movie so many fan-boy sheep decide that it too is their favorite movie. I’m guessing that some of those people have never even watched either of those movies.

If I want to hold the slacker ideal in mind I would probably choose a movie like Mallrats or anything else by Kevin Smith. He has a knack for writing characters that have their faults but are still loveable and humorous. While I love these types of movies, I can’t say in good conscious that they are my favorite. If I had to choose one film, I guess it would be Pulp Fiction. I’m a large fan of Quentin Tarantino’s work and the characters in it are completely original from any other film out there. It’s seems like one of those films that is under appreciated even though it has a lot of fans. I especially like the casting for the film; Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, and Uma Thurman just to name a few. Really just an all-star cast, and a very solid and at times hilarious film.

I would love to hear what some of your favorite movies are and also an opinion about my choice I suppose. Feel free to use either the comments or the tagboard.

2 comments:

Anonymous

November 16, 2007 at 11:20 AM

thanx for visiting my blog slacker!

just had a look at your blog. You got a nice simple theme. When I was in blogger I struggled to get a good theme.

There is a RSS button in your header at the right which links to your atom feed and the RSS link below your about me links to feedburner feeds..this will divide your total number of feed readers..correct that..

and if possible (and if you plan to take your blog to next level) than try and shift to wordpress very quick. It is a sure boost!

once again thanx for visiting my blog. I hope you subscribed to the feeds.

keep coming back..

cheers!

Billy K

November 17, 2007 at 1:46 PM

Hehehe... "sheeps".

It seems that you do indeed 'Grammer good'! :D